Our Previous achievements
St Edward’s established a Teaching and Learning Committee in 2014. Some of the proud achievements of the Teaching and Learning Committee to date include:
- Delivering a whole school INSET to staff and governors on the impact of their role and how it has shaped the curriculum
- Monitoring of working walls within classes and discussing how these are beneficial to children’s learning journey.
- Implementing the use of RAG cups within lessons so that teachers can quickly identify pupils that need challenging or supporting.
- Leading an annual Head Teacher Assembly for explaining the St Edward’s Fabulous Four Steps to Success which links directly to the School’s Improvement Plan.
- Delivering a whole school INSET to staff and governors on the progress made with the Fabulous Four Steps to Success.
- Being publicised in both the Newham Mag and the Newham Recorder as a powerful pupil voice for strategically moving the school forward.
- Changing the Behaviour Policy, in particular creating positive initiatives such as the ‘Head Teacher Lunchtime Award’ and the weekly ‘Golden Ticket’.
- Creating a short video promoting pupil voice and aspirations. This was shown to KS2 pupils in assembly and was showcased on the school website the year it was created.