St. Edward's is a Catholic Voluntary Aided Primary School, which has served the Parish of Our Lady of Compassion, Upton Park since 1902. Initially the school was located in Castle Street and suffered major damage during World War 2, which resulted in the school being rebuilt in 1949.
The school was again relocated in September 2000 to the present site in Green Street, as part of West Ham United Football Club's Redevelopment Programme.
St. Edward's Nursery opened in April 2001. Children between the ages of 3 to 11 years now attend this new two-form entry school.
back to top